Happy Birthday Card & Winners!!

Hello and Happy Sunday!

Today I have a card to share and a couple of winners to announce!!

First the card..

I just got in a couple of orders from Simon Says Stamp and one of the things I was most excited about getting was the Fresh Cut Floral stamps and dies from Wplus9. And now that I've had a chance to play with them, I love them even more than I thought I would!

The main reason that I wanted the set was the lilac stamps. I LOVE lilacs and every year I look forward to filling a mason jar of them from the tree in my backyard, and displaying them on my diningroom table. My tree has really dark purple flowers, so I decided to create a card using the same colours and put them into a mason jar (mason jar stamp from the Paper Smooches 'Crystal Clear' stamp set).

Happy Birthday! 





Supplies:





A little info about the card -

- I stamped the lilacs with two shades of purple ink and then cut them out by hand. I chose not to use the die to cut them out because I didn't want the white edge around the flowers. Once I cut them out, I coloured around the edges with a purple marker.

- To create the jar, I stamped it on white cardstock and on a piece of vellum. I coloured on the cardstock piece with an aqua copic marker to mimic the look of water and then added some stem lines with a green copic marker. I then adhered the vellum jar over top to make the water look more realistic (like it was actually in a jar).

- I layered all the lilacs at the top of the jar until I had them how I wanted them, and then I adhered them all down. The one in the middle on the top is adhered with foam adhesive. Then I folded up the edges of the flowers to give them some dimension. To finish them off, I added glitter to the flower centers with a glitter pen.

- To create the leaves, I diecut the leaves from the Fresh Cut Florals dies and then completely covered the diecut piece with peeled paint distress ink. I then stamped the coordinating leaf stamps over top with a darker green ink. Then I just cut them apart and adhered them under the flower pieces.

- I completed the card with a sentiment (from the Wplus9 'Hooked on You' stamp set) stamped on a banner from Simon Says Stamp.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this card. ;)


GIVEAWAY WINNERS!!

Thank you so much to everyone for joining me on my blog last week for my Simon Says Stamp Summer Series.
I randomly picked two winners from all of the comments left and those winners are:




Congrats to both of you!!
You have both won a $25 GC to the Simon Says Stamp online store!!
Please email me with your contact info!! ;) ;)

And don't forget to stop by tomorrow... the new Simon Says Stamp card kit was released today (you can see it here) and we're hopping to share all the amazing things included in this newest kit!!

Steph ;)

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card! I love lilacs too and you did a fabulous job on these!

    And thank you so much for the Simon Says Gift! I have a whole wish list just screaming to be bought!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS