December Cookie Party

Every year a bunch of us do a cookie exchange and have a little get together to actually exchange them and I've been trying to decide how to document this on a layout so that I caould include the recipes from each year. Then Nichol issued a challenge for a new weekly feature she's doing at 2 Peas that worked perfect for what I wanted to do - create a layout with a pocket or envelope.


I didn't have any of the KI memories envelopes to use, so I created an envelope with my Silhouette to use for this project. I used a money card template and just altered it to create the envelope on the layout. It's a great spot to tuck in all of the recipes.


I sewed around the 'Be Merry' sticker for added interest and intertwined sparkle thread with the regular beige. You can't really see it in the photo, but the stitching is sparkly when it catches the light.


I typed the journaling on some graph paper and punched the top with my Stampin' Up notebook edge punch. For the title, I used Loni Stevens 'December' Silhouette shape. I love how the outline diecut makes the title pop off the page.


I cut some ornaments out of the patterned paper to include on the layout. I added thread and adhered one of the ornaments on with dimensional adhesive.

(Supplies Used:  WorldWin Papers Cardstock, Echo Park Patterned Papers, October Afternoon Stickers, Silhouette Diecutting Machine & Digital Designs, Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher and Mini Paper Clips, Basic Grey Letter Stickers, Ali Edwards Clear Stamps, Tsukineko Ink, Fiskars 'Upper Crest' Border Punch, American Crafts Rub-ons, Stampin' Up Punch)

This ended being the perfect solution to scrapbooking the annual cookie party and now I can just do a similar layout each year. And instead of journaling every year, I can just do a list of all the cookies that were exchanged for quick reference when we want to make them. Super fun and easy to create!

Steph :-)


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS