Hello | Copic Colouring

Hello! Today I have a card to share that I created as a result of Online Card Classes latest class: Copics for Card Makers. It's an awesome class with a ton of tips and tricks on how to use your Copic markers!

So today's card shares one of the practice images we received in class and focuses on blending Copic colours together to create shading and dimension. I don't really follow proper light source shading, etc... I just add shadows wherever I think they look good lol!

I have a bit of an obsession with aqua coloured flowers, even though I know they're not that common. I just think the blue tones look so pretty with my favourite green shades for leaves. I coloured the flowers and leaves with my lightest colours first, then medium and then darkest. Then I just coloured until I had them the colour I wanted. Super easy with such great results! ;)

Once I had the flowers coloured, I cut them out of the practice sheet in a rectangle shape and then adhered that to a piece of glittery paper for a thin border. I stamped a small sentiment in the only area that there was really room for one and then I added some sequins and gems for some added detail.

I adhered the whole piece with foam adhesive to the card base, which is a piece of Hero Arts Shallows layering paper cut to a top folding, 4-bar card size. I stamped the card base with a text stamp in soft pool ink for a little bit of subtle detail.

I finished the card with a generous amount of Wink of Stella clear glitter pen to give the flowers and leaves an awesome shimmer! Love how a little glitter makes it look so pretty and elegant!

Supplies (the flower is a practice image from class)


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

4 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card! Love coloring with copics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the aqua too and wonderful coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovvvvvvely! Just like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I KNEW I SHOULD HAVE TAKEN THAT COPIC COLORING CLASS. WELL DONE.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS