My Heart Stops When You Look At Me

Hello! I apologize that it's been a bit quiet on the blog lately. Life just kinda got crazy busy and I haven't had a lot of time to sit down and get a blog post written. I promise to make up for it this week though - I have lot's of new cards and videos to share! ;)

Today's card uses the My Favorite Things Geek is Chic stamps and die-namics. I've wanted to use these for awhile now and I'm so glad I did! I love the sentiments in the stamp set and the glasses dies are perfect!

When I started this card, I knew I wanted to do the diecut inlay technique with the glasses and a heart, since I thought it would go perfectly with this awesome sentiment. I cut out the heart first from white cardstock and coloured it with Copic markers. I then cut out the glasses inside the heart and also cut out a second pair from white cardstock so I could colour them grey.

Once I had all the pieces glued in together though, I realized it would be hard to add glitter and glossy accents to the glasses without getting it all over heart. So I decided to cut out a second pair of glasses, colour them the same grey colour and glue them directly on top of the first pair.

Since the glasses were raised up a bit, it made it easier to add the glitter and glossy accents. ;)

When I coloured the glasses, I used 3 different shades of grey Copic marker so I could get an ombre look on them. I love how they turned out!

To finish the card front, I diecut a piece of white cardstock with the Blueprints 13 die-namics and then diecut a heart the next size up from the red heart I had already created. I adhered it on top of the heart/glasses piece with foam adhesive to add some dimension. 

Before I added it to the red card base, I stamped on the sentiment with Versafine ink and added sequins with red Stickles in the center. I love using Stickles with sequins.

Winners

I have some winners to announce!

Thanks Die-namics from this post | Haley Cross
SSS November Card Kit from this post | Kimberly Rendino

Ladies, please email me you contact info and I'll get your prizes sent out! ;)

Supplies


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS