MFT Creative Construction With Blueprints

Hello! Today I have a couple of cards to share that I created for the My Favorite Things Creative Construction with Blueprints post for February. This is a new challenge each month where we focus on some of the Blueprints die-namics and create cards based on the blueprints sketches and by mixing them up for fun new designs!

For my first card I used the large frame die from the Blueprints 19 die-namics and added in a sentiment banner die from the Blueprints 16 die-namics. I love that you can mix and match them to create new looks! ;)

I stamped the frame shape twice and adhered both pieces of one of them directly to the card base. Then I stamped on the outside piece of the second one with the Typewriter Type background stamp and grout gray ink. I added it to the card front directly over the first one, but used foam tape to give it some dimension.

I then stamped a sentiment on the diecut banner, coloured and diecut the girl image and then adhered them to the card with foam adhesive so they would be the same height as the frame. I love the depth you can achieve on a card by having parts of the card raised up.

For my second card, I used one of the sketches that goes with the Blueprints 19 die-namics and created a simple thank you card with a fun design. I kept my card pretty close to the sketch and only modified it a tiny bit.

I decided to just add a diecut sentiment to the bottom area rather than a strip of paper and I added a bit more dimension and detail by including some buttons around the circle element on the card. I love how the buttons look grouped together on the card front.

To give a couple of the diecut pieces a little more interest, I stamped them with the Typewriter Text background that I used on the card above. I love the subtle detail it provides on an otherwise simple card.

Make sure to head over the the MFT blog today to see more fun card designs using these Blueprints die-namics. Then you can challenge yourself to get creatively constructive with blueprints! ;)

Supplies


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS