MFT Creative Construction with Blueprints

Hello! Today I have a couple of cards to share that I created for the My Favorite Things Creative Construction with Blueprints post for March. This is a challenge each month where we focus on some of the Blueprints die-namics and create cards based on the blueprints sketches and by mixing them up for fun new designs!

For my first card I used the Blueprints 18 die-namics and followed one of the sketches to create a fun card featuring a yummy looking donut! ;)

I used one of the wonky panels to create the base area of my card and added a diecut circle and a banner for the sentiment. I used the Candy Jar Companions stamp set for the sentiment - it goes awesome with the donut!

To create the donut, I diecut it from brown felt (chocolate anyone?!?!) and added the icing piece on top. That was created by adding glossy white embossing paste to the icing piece that was diecut from white cardstock. I added some pink glittery Stickles to the top for sprinkles! ;)

I adhered the sentiment banner tucked under the circle like the sketch and added a button. To complete the card, I added the panel onto a white, top-folding card base.

For my second card I paired the stitched rectangle from the Blueprints 15 die-namics with the long skinny rectangle from Blueprints 18 to create a simple striped card design.

I used the long thin rectangle die to cut three strips from glitter paper and then I adhered them onto the Pure Plum cardstock piece that I diecut with the stitched rectangle.

I left enough space in between each of the strips of glitter paper to stamp my sentiment. I used the 'Think Happy. Be Happy' sentiment from the Totally Happy stamp set - it was the perfect width to go across the card and I like the simple font.

To add a little interest to the card, I added some stars from the Blueprints 18 die-namics above and below the strips of paper and also added one directly on the center stripe. It added a little more detail while still keeping the card clean and simple.

Make sure to head over the the MFT blog today to see more fun card designs using these Blueprints die-namics. Then you can challenge yourself to get creatively constructive with blueprints! ;)

Supplies


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

1 comment:

  1. Love this sweet card and could be used for so many occasions! Great color combo, too.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS