Ombre Stamping & Outline Embossing

Hello! Today I have a couple of cards to share that feature ombre stamping as well as outline embossing. I am using a new stamp set from Pink & Main called Inspire. I love the butterfly images in this set and knew right away that I wanted to do some ombre stamping with them since they are solid images.

For my first card, I stamped the larger butterfly with the Hero Arts Pool to Navy ombre ink and a smaller one with the Pink to Red ombre ink. I love love love the large butterfly with the darker blue bottom that gradually lightens to a dark pool colour at the top! ;)

Once I had both butterflies stamped and I'd given the ink time to dry, I outlined each of them with a Versamarker (the same formula as Versamark embossing ink but in a pen form) so I could do some heat embossing around the edges of the butterflies. I added Judikins Iridescent Sparkle embossing powder and heat set it to give the butterflies some subtle glitter around their wings and on their bodies - you can see it better on the second card.

I decided to turn this card into a shaker card, so I cut out the stamped panel with the MFT Stitched Rectangle Frames and added a clear acetate piece to the top layer. I filled the card front with sequins and beads and layered the acetate piece on top with foam tape so the shaker pieces could move around inside. I also adhered a few sequins directly to the stamped panel so that when the card stands up, some sequins remain in the top area.

For my second card I used the same two butterfly stamps and colours but stamped three butterflies instead of two and changed the pattern of them.

Once I had the butterflies stamped, I did the same outline embossing technique and heat embossed the outside of the wings and the bodies with clear glitter embossing powder. It adds the perfect amount of detail and dimension to a flat, simple card design.

This photo shows the sparkle embossing powder a little better. I love that unexpected shine that the embossing powder provides. I stamped a greeting from the stamp set on this card with black ink and then I added some sequins and silver stickles around the butterflies to finish the card.

Michelle at Pink and Main sent me the Inspire stamp set to try out. (Thank you Michelle!) It is a great quality stamp set and I really loved creating with it.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I appreciate that you take time out of your day to visit my blog! ;)

Supplies


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

5 comments:

  1. Both cards are truly inspired. Your color choices are my current favorites. Thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are gorgeous!!! You really did outstanding super creative stamping and the colors are so beautiful. YOU ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good tip to glue some of the sequins to the card back so they are permanently scattered!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice cards Stephanie. I love those stitched dies. They really do add to the card.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS