MFT June Die-namics Design | Shape It Up

Hello and welcome to the MFT Die-namics Design challenge for June! This month we're shaping it up with the basic shaped STAX dies. We're getting creative with squares, circles and rectangles to create fun card designs! ;)

For my card I used the Stitched Square STAX die-namics to create a birthday themed card. The great thing about cards like this is they can be used for any occasion since the design is so geometric. 

I cut a bunch of the three smallest dies from white cardstock and positioned them on a card stock panel in a design that I liked. Once I had them all where I wanted them, I used an ink blending tool with Summer Splash, Ripe Raspberry and Sour Apple ink to add colour to the edges of all the squares and then adhered them to the cardstock panel.

I stamped a Happy Birthday sentiment from the Photo Booth stamp set in black ink on one of the larger squares and added some sequins and silver stickles to the card front for some added detail and dimension. I thought the sequins and sparkle really added to the birthday theme. ;)

To complete the card, I adhered the finished panel to a white card base, slightly off center, and then adhered thin strips of black cardstock on either side.

Make sure to head over to the MFT blog to see what the other designers came up with for this months challenge! ;)

Supplies


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

1 comment:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS