Moments Inked | Greeting Card Pockets

Hello! Today I have a new post sharing more of my Papertrey Ink Moments Inked planner and a closer look at how I  create custom pockets and greeting cards to keep in my planner.
I love making and sending cards as much as I love planning! I've found that having some cards on hand in my planner works great for those times when I need to send out a card to friends or family. I created some pockets that I use to hold the handmade cards, envelopes, postage stamps and my return address labels. I then create one layer cards that fit perfectly in the pocket and work for all occasions! ;)

To create the pockets to hold my cards, I first cut out a cardstock piece with the largest basic page die from the Divided Die set. I made two pockets to hold everything and changed up the design of each one so they looked a little different.

For the first one, I cut the basic page from Aqua Mist cardstock and then I created a custom pocket with the large dotted vellum by cutting it down and folding it over so there was a piece on each side.  I added liquid glue to the sides and along the fold to make sure it stayed adhered on the cardstock piece.

I created custom tabs for the pockets with the Tabbed Die and stamped the words Remember and Important on the tabs before adhering them to the pockets. I also added a couple of strips of cardstock on the bottom of the Aqua Mist pocket for some added detail.

To create the pocket on the Berry Sorbet page, I cut a diagonal edge onto a piece of striped vellum and folded it over the cardstock piece. I did this step twice and then glued the two pieces together so it was one sheet that had a pocket on both sides. Adhering them together hid all of the adhesive and pieces of vellum that were folded over to create the pockets.

The cards that I create to go in the pockets are always one layer so I can fit a few in the pockets. I love using the Big Hugs stamp set for these types of cards because the sentiments are so great and can be mixed and matched in a lot of ways. I paired that set with the Polka Dot Basics II stamp set to create simple card designs with bold sentiments. 


I love how perfectly the pockets fit into the back of my planner and always ensure that I have cards on hand to send whenever I need them! ;)

Supplies


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I love seeing other people's planners even though they're not for me, they look so great! Xx

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS