Hello Card | Paint Resist

Hey everyone! Today I have a card to share that revisits an older technique that I haven't done in awhile... resist with paint! I forgot how much I love stamping with paint. It's a little messier than inks and embossing powders but it is so worth it... the look and texture that you get with paint is so different and fun! ;)

For this card I used the Hero Arts Wave background stamp and stamped a white cardstock panel with Picket Fence Distress paint. The great thing about the Distress paints is that they come in a dauber bottle so it's super easy to add the paint onto your stamp.
 
Just make sure you wash it as soon as your done with water or it will dry on your stamp and be really hard to get off. Ask me how I know that lol!! ;)

Once the paint is fully dry the fun begins! I used Blueprint Sketch Distress ink on my background (a gorgeous royal blue colour) with an ink blending tool and covered the whole background with ink.
 
Since the paint is dry, it will resist the ink letting the stamped image show through. And paint has a really fun texture so it looks awesome with a background like this since it really emphasizes the waves.

To finish the card I added a die cut cloud and adhered it on the bottom right of the stamped panel. I didn't want to completely cover the background so I added the sentiment and some glitter die cut hearts to the cloud area and left the rest of it simple. I covered the die cut hello in the same Blueprint Sketch Distress ink and coated it with Glossy Accents to make it shiny.
 
I definitely encourage you to give resist with paint a try... it's so fun and you get great results!

Supplies


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS