MFT October Creative Construction with Blueprints | Homespun Holidays

Hello and welcome to the My Favorite Things October Creative Construction with Blueprints. ;)

There are few things more inviting during the hectic holiday season than cozying up under a well-worn quilt with a warm cup and inviting book. Join us this month as we recreate that comfortable feeling in paper form with the homespun elements included in Blueprints 20.

For my card I decided to go with non-traditional holiday colours and create a card that shares that homespun holiday feeling but that can be given at any time of the year. 

I used the quilted die from the Blueprints 20 collection, but rather than using all of the designs that come in the die, I diecut it multiple times and only used the solid stitched square and the stitched heart square.

I cut it out of white cardstock as well as the aqua and grey papers from the 6x6 Calm & Cozy Chevron paper pad and then inlaid them back into the grid. I used the outside pieces of the heart patterned papers and the white hearts inside and I used the solid white stitched square and added the chevron hearts on top with foam adhesive.

I used the 'smile' sentiment from the Bionic Bots stamp set and stamped it in the middle of one of the white hearts with black ink. I layered the quilted rectangle onto a piece of Summer Splash cardstock and adhered it to the stitched rectangle diecut form white cardstock.

I completed the card by layering the finished panel onto a Grout Gray card base with the scalloped rectangle cut from vellum sandwiched in between. I also added some clear sequins on the stitched panel for a bit of added detail and dimension.

Make sure to head over to the MFT blog for links to more cards created by the design team for this months Creative Construction with Blueprints challenge. ;)

Supplies


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

1 comment:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS