MFT November Release Countdown | Day 2

Hello and welcome to day 2 of the My Favorite Things November release countdown! For today's post I created a card using one of my favourite products from this months release... the new Hot Cocoa Cups die-namics!

I diecut the mug and all of the coordinating pieces from smooth white cardstock and then coloured them in with Copic markers. I like doing this rather than cutting them from cardstock because you can add shading with markers that you can't get with just cardstock.

Once I had all of the pieces coloured, I adhered them to a white cardstock panel that I diecut with the largest Double Stitched Rectangle die and then I stamped my sentiment directly underneath with black ink.

I used the new Bold Diagonal Stripes background stamp to stamp and emboss the design onto a Grout Gray card base. I then adhered the stamped panel on top with foam adhesive for some added dimension. I completed the card by adding some clear glitter and glossy accents to the red heart on the mug. ;)

Thanks so much for stopping by for day 2 of the MFT November Release countdown! The new release products will officially be available on the My Favorite Things website on November 3rd at 10pm EST!

Make sure to head over to the MFT blog for today's full product reveal, giveaways and links to lot's of amazing projects from the other MFT creative team designers! ;)

See you tomorrow for more countdown fun! ;)

Supplies


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

15 comments:

  1. Great card, looks so tempting to drink and the extra chocolate piece is a great addition

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the coloring on this card! It is a fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the subtle effect on striped BG , wonderful layering with hot cocoa mug and great textures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hugged by your mug of hot chocolate with an extra piece of chcolate! Beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, cute card, and I love the jug in a mug sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did you get the sparkle on the stripes on the background? I love this card! I had no intention of buying this stamp/die until I saw your card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stamped the background with the new Bold Diagonal Stripes stamp with Versamark ink and heat embossed it with Ranger Silver Pearl embossing powder.

      Delete
  7. How did you get the sparkle on the stripes on the background? I love this card! I had no intention of buying this stamp/die until I saw your card.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS