Just For You | Watercolour Origami Birds

Hello and happy Monday! Today I have a card to share that I created with the new Hero Arts Origami Animals stamp set. I love the origami images in this set and knew they would be perfect for watercolouring. And since I'm currently obsessed with the show Prison Break, I fell in love with the bird stamps and used them on today's card. ;)
To create my card I first stamped the birds onto the smooth side of some watercolour paper with Versafine Onyx Black ink and then I heat embossed them with clear embossing powder. This is my favorite way to do black embossing because black embossing powder can be really messy. Since the Versafine stays wet long enough to hold the clear embossing powder this way is so much easier and no mess! ;)

Once I had the birds embossed, I added some Peacock Feathers and Broken China Distress ink to a palette I made by laminating white cardstock (an awesome idea from my friend Kristina, so you can see the true colour of the ink against the white) and then mixing in some water. I carefully added clear water to the open areas on the birds and dropped the ink colours in until I was happy with the colour.

I also sprayed some Sparkle Shimmer Spritz onto the palette and mixed it into the ink colour to add sparkle to all of the birds. This sparkle spray is amazing and adds soooo much sparkle to your projects. If I want to keep it more contained, I add it on with a paint brush instead of spraying it on.

I diecut a panel from Primitive White cardstock with the MFT Blueprints 20 die-namics and then I adhered the birds and stamped my sentiment from the Hero Arts For You Flowers stamp set, in Versafine Onyx Black ink.

I really wanted the sparkly aqua birds to be the focus of the card, so I kept it pretty simple and just added in some clear sequins to add a little bit of detail and dimension. I matted the finished panel onto a piece of Stone Gray cardstock and then adhered it to a top-folding Primitive White card base.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I'll be back soon with more card making ideas! ;)

Supplies


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Made a spelling error.....
      This clean and simple card packs a big punch. I think it is lovely!

      Delete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS