MFT Release Replay | February 2016

Hello and welcome to a fun new MFT feature for 2016, where the creative team re-visits the monthly release and creates a card or project with the new products. I love the February release and couldn't wait to use the new products to make another card. ;)

For my card I used the Starry Night Background Builder to create the aqua and silver stars that cover the background of my card.

I first stamped the larger aqua stars with the 6x6 rubber stamp and then I stamped the smaller stars using the clear companion stamp strip that goes with it. The little stars fit perfectly within the large ones and can be stamped repeatedly across the design until it is entirely full of the smaller stars.

I stamped the smaller stars with Versamark ink and then I covered them with silver embossing powder and heat set them. Once the background was done I used the new Inside & Out Stitched Rectangle STAX to cut out the center area of the stamped design. I then inked up the edges of the inside piece with the same Summer Splash ink I used on the stars and adhered both layers on the card base.

To finish the card I diecut the word 'stars' from black cardstock and silver glitter paper and layered them onto the stamped panel. I stamped the rest of the sentiment on a black piece of cardstock and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. I added some clear sequins for a bit of added dimension to complete the card.

Make sure to head over to the MFT blog to see what the rest of the creative team created for this months Release Replay. ;)

Supplies


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS