Paper Doll Layout | February 2016

Hello! Today I have my February paper doll layout to share inspired by the movie The Proposal. I figured since it was February it was fitting to create a page based on one of my favourite romantic comedies. ;)
To create my page I stamped the Natalie and Adam paper dolls onto text paper and I also stamped Marisol's head so I could swap Natalie's out for hers and make her look more like Margaret lol! ;) Once I had all of the dolls stamped I coloured in their skin and then I stamped all of their clothes onto patterned papers.

Once I had all of the clothes stamped and cut out, I glued them on the dolls using liquid adhesive. For Margaret, I coloured in Marisol's head, cut it out and then adhered it directly over the actual one on the original doll.

I used a quote from the end of the movie and I set the scene in the New York offices where the beginning and the end of the movie take place. To make it look like New York, I cut out the New York Skyline using an MFT die, adhered it on a sky coloured patterned paper and added a window over top using the Memory Box Grand Madison Window die.

I adhered the window to the background (meant to be the wall), printed the quote on the floor and adhered it on the bottom of the layout. I then added both of the paper dolls to the scene. I added a necklace and bracelet to Margaret and used a black gel pen to add detail to the buttons on Andrews suit. I also used warm and cool grey copic markers to add shading to both of their clothes to make them look more dimensional.

To see how I created this months layout, you can watch the video below:



I'll see you next month with my March 2016 paper doll layout! ;)

2016 Paper Doll Layouts
January 2016 (featuring a quote from the movie Big)

2015 Paper Doll Layouts
January 2015 (featuring a quote from the movie New Year's Eve)
February 2015 (featuring a quote from the movie Pretty Woman)
March 2015 (featuring a quote from the TV show Glee)
April 2015 (featuring a quote from the movie The Breakfast Club)
May 2015 (featuring a quote from the movie The Little Mermaid)
June 2015 (featuring a quote from the movie Stand By Me
July 2015 (featuring a quote from the movie Dirty Dancing)
August 2015 (featuring a quote from the movie The Sound of Music
September 2015 (featuring a quote from the movie Three Men and a Baby)
October 2015 (featuring a quote from the movie The Phantom of the Opera
November 2015 (featuring a quote from the movie Frozen)
December 2015 (featuring a quote from the movie The Polar Express)

Supplies


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS