Sending Hugs

Hello! Today I have a couple of 'hugs' cards to share that I created a little while back. I love sending hugs with cards... I have a lot of friends that live too far to hug in real life, so for me this is the next best thing! ;)

For my first card I used the Floral and Flutter dies from Concord & 9th to create a sparkly, ombre butterfly design.


I diecut three of the butterflies and then I coloured them all in with various shades of Copic markers to create an ombre effect. This has bene one of my favorute things to so lately with diecuts.. I love the graduated colour on the deisgns.

To create the panel so that the glitter would show through under the butterflies, I diecut three butterflies from a white cardstock panel (overlapping them in in places) and then I fit all of the pieces back together over the silver glitter piece, adhering each piece as I went. I used the negative pieces on the white panel and the butterflies that I had previously diecut and coloured.


Once I had all of the butterfly pieces adhered, I added the panel to a black cardstock mat and then added it to a top-folding white card base. I completed the card by adding the sentiment using the MFT label Love stamp set and I added some clear sequins and white gel pen detail to the butterflies.

For my second card I used the adorable new Better Together stamp set from Neat & Tangled to create a little scene with the cute images from the set.


I stamped the images in black ink and then coloured them in with Copic markers. I then cut them all out with scissors (I didn't want a white border around them) and adhered them onto a white cardstock panel.

I diecut the words 'hugs' from Papertrey Ink and I coloured it in with various colours of grey Copic markers to create an ombre effect. I love the soft fade of colour.


To finish the card, I stamped the second part of the sentiment directly under the diecut word, with black ink and then I added some clear sequins scattered around the image. I adhered the finished panel onto a grey top-folding card base.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Be back soon!

Supplies


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

2 comments:

  1. Oh the first card is so pretty and that hugs card is adorable!! TFS hugs Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both great Stephanie! Really brilliant how you designed the butterfly card. When I first saw it, I was thinking, so much work. I need to send some hugs to some family members. Thanks,
    Paulette at http://paulettesrpettypapercrafts.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS