MFT April Release Countdown | Day 2

Hello and welcome to day 2 of the My Favorite Things April release countdown! Today's cards feature some great new greenery and tree die-namics. ;)

For my first card I diecut three trees from the new Tree-mendous dienamics from white cardstock and coloured them all in with Copic markers. I love the shading and dimension you get when you colour them in.

I adhered all three trees onto a white cardstock panel and added some grey shading underneath to look like shadows. I then stamped and coloured a bird from the I'm Tweet On You stamp set, cut it out with my scissors and adhered it to the center tree.

I completed the card by stamping the fun sentiment from the Forest Friends stamp set directly underneath the trees with black ink and then I adhered the completed panel to a Grout Gray card base.

For my second card, I diecut one of the leaves from the Bold Greenery die-namics from white cardstock and coloured it in with green and aqua Copic markers.

I diecut the Rectangle Peek-a-Boo Window from a white cardstock panel and adhered it to another white cardstock panel, tucking the leaf in behind the window opening. I diecut the word ho from white cardstock and coloured it in with black marker before adhering it to the inside of the window opening.

To complete the card, I adhered the entire white panel to a Grout Gray card base and added some sparkle to the leaves with a clear wink of stella glitter marker.

Thanks for stopping by for Day 2 of the My Favorite Things April release countdown. The new release will officially be available on the MFT website on April 5, 2016 at 10pm est!

Make sure to head over to the MFT blog to see what the rest of the creative team created for this months release! ;)

See you tomorrow for more countdown fun!

Supplies


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

12 comments:

  1. Such sweet and cool creations! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tree card, would have never thought that you used Copic markers. It really looks like ink sponged on, great idea will be trying soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute tree/bird card and the second card is very simple and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the little bird in the tree. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards! I love the shading and coloring you've done on these wonderful die cuts! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The perfect trees for a a happy bluebird1

    ReplyDelete
  7. I especially like the "HI" card. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the one framed branch and the cute little bluebird.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards. The bird is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards. The bird is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS