MFT June Release Countdown | Day 3

Hello and welcome to day 3 of the My Favorite Things June release countdown! In today's post I have a couple of floral cards to share using the new Funky Flowers stamp set. This stamp set is definitely a new favourite... I love the design and the awesome stitched detail on the edges.

For my first card, I stamped a bunch of the flower and leaf images with Black Licorice Hybrid ink onto white cardstock and coloured them all in with Copic markers. I then cut them out with my scissors and adhered them in a diagonal design on a white cardstock panel that I had diecut with a stitched rectangle die.
I stamped the sentiment on the bottom right corner of the panel with black ink, close to the leaves to help ground it and then I added some clear sequins around the flower and leaf design. I also added some glossy accents to the flower centers for a it more dimension and detail.

The second card I created uses the same Funky Flowers stamp set, but for this one I stamped them in Versamark ink and embossed them with white embossing powder. I added distress inks on top and then I did a fun technique called iron-off embossing.

Make sure to checkout this months free release class (goes live Tuesday night) for a downloadable PDF and a video sharing how to do this fun technique. ;)

Thanks for stopping by for Day 3 of the My Favorite Things June release countdown. The new release will officially be available on the MFT website on June 7, 2016 at 10pm est!

Make sure to head over to the MFT blog to see what the rest of the creative team created for this months release! ;)

See you tomorrow for more countdown fun!

Supplies



SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

10 comments:

  1. Pretty cards both of them, the second is my favorite. I love this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both looks for this set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards. Looking forward to release & video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two goregeous cards showing the variety this set can produce and how colors can create different moods!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are gorgeous! Really love the second with the fabulous blending and pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS