MFT Camp Create 3 | Day 3

Hello and welcome back to MFT Camp Create! Every day this week we're going back to summer camp to hang out, be inspired and win prizes!! I am so excited to be a part of such a fun event and can't wait to share this week's projects with you! I hope you'll take part and share your creations on the MFT blog.

For today's card we're playing with an oldie but a goodie... embossed resist! This technique never gets old for me... it is so fun to see that embossed image appear and resist the ink you apply over top, so I knew we had to get inky in this last week of camp!
For my card, I used the Birthday Speech Bubbles stamp set to create my sentiment. These stamps are so fun because they stamp solid but have the word etched out in the center area of the bubble, which makes them perfect for embossed resist! ;) I stamped them onto a white cardstock panel with Versamark ink and then I heat embossed them with clear embossing powder.

I added distress inks to the panel with an ink blending tool starting on the bottom right corner and working my way up to the top left corner. I started with Peacock Feathers then switched to Twisted Citron and ended with Cracked Pistachio. I faded the last colour out in to the white to give the card an ombre look.

To complete the card, I adhered the inked embossed panel to a top-folding card base and added a strip of striped patterned paper and silver foil cardstock to the right hand side.

Make sure to head over to the MFT blog all week to see the videos for each of the 5 days of camp and to participate in the craft activities each day! There is a grand prize for participating in all 5 days and daily giveaways just for leaving a comment on the YouTube videos! Happy camping! ;)

Supplies


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

1 comment:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS