More Inspiration Showcase Cards

I wanted to share a couple more cards I created based on techniques Jennifer has shared in her online class Inspiration Showcase.
The first is a card that focuses on the trapped embossed resist technique. I stamped the Hero Arts large fabric stamp over a favourite piece of Authentique patterned paper and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I then covered the whole piece with Faded Jeans Distress ink. Love love the look of the two blues together. This is definitely one of my favourite techniques.

I'm Always Here For You





















(Supplies Used: Worldwin Papers & Neenah Cardstock, Authentique Patterned Paper, Hero Arts Flowers, Gems and Stamps (Large Fabric Design, Thank You For Being My Friend, Tim Holtz Distress Ink, American Crafts Clear Embossing Powder, Hero Hues Black Ink)

The next one actually has a piece with the same trapped embossed resist paper from the first card. I didn't get the whole image the first time I embossed it so I decided to cut the piece down and use it on another card. And I love the look of pink and blue together so this card worked perfectly for it.

Hello

























Aside from the embossed piece, this card also features a rosette I created with a Tim Holtz die. I added Tim Holtz decorative tape to the rosette for added interest as Jen did in class and inked the edges with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink. I then diecut the butterfly from Hero Arts paper and adhered it all on a card base also covered with Hero Arts patterned layering paper (the rosette was made with the Hero Arts paper as well).
The colours on this are so much prettier IRL.

(Supplies Used: Neenah Cardstock, Authentique Patterned Paper, Hero Arts Patterned Paper and Stamps (Large Fabric Design, Essential Messages), Hero Hues Black Ink, Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch, Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Decorative Tape and Rosette Die)

I'll be back later this week with my Elle's Studio September Inspiration Gallery projects. And speaking of Elle's Studio, did you see that they just launched their newest project kit and their newest tag release! Loved working with this kit...I should have some photos of my completed tray later this week. Once it's sold out it will be gone forever so make sure you don't miss out. The exclusive tags are so awesome!!

Steph :-)

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

1 comment:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS