Inspiration Showcase

I have been taking part in an online class taught by the amazingly talented Jennifer McGuire and finally got a chance on the weekend to play around with some of the techniques. The class is based around a canvas featuring various rows of hearts that have different techniques applied to them. I actually took the class from Jennifer at Buffalo Stamps and Stuff in May so I decided to just use the techniques on cards rather than create another canvas. The first card I have to share is this one featuring the resist technique:

I Have You In My Heart

























Its hard to tell in the photo, but the background piece on the card is actually glossy paper with the Hero Arts Collage Music Background stamp stamped onto it with Versamark. I then covered the whole thing with Hero Arts Latte Chalk Ink and the stamped area resisted the ink leaving the image to show through.
The butterfly also features the resist technique but with paint. I stamped the design with a pearl paint dabber and then covered it with distress inks. The paint resisted the colour and left the pearlized swirl to show through. I love the texture this technique provides.

(Supplies Used: Neenah cardstock, Worldwin Papers Cardstock & Glossy Paper, Studio Calico Patterned Paper, Hero Arts Stamps (Collage Music Background, Flower Dot Pattern, With Sympathy), Ranger Pearl Paint Dabber, Ranger Distress Inks, Hero Hues Black Ink)

I'll be back tomorrow with another card I created using some more of the fun techniques.
Happy Monday!!

Steph :-)

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

3 comments:

  1. great card steph! i'm having fun playing with all of jen's fun techniques too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - this is gorgeous. The class is amazing isn't it - I'm learning so much! LOVE that background...

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS