Cards for Maddy - A Little Note

Hello!

Today I have a special request for all of you cardmakers out there.




Back in July of 2012, Simon Says Stamp introduced to a beautiful and courageous girl named Maddy Justice. Maddy has leukemia and after chemotherapy and a stem cell transplant, she was doing really well and was on her path to recovery.
Sadly, she has relapsed and will have to endure more treatments and procedures and begin her journey to recovery once again.

Simon Says Stamp is requesting that we send cards to Maddy to try and lift her spirits and let her know that we are thinking of her. You can find all of the details and where to send your cards here.

I sat down tonight and made her a card using some product that I've had on my desk, but haven't yet used. It's so fun to just play with new product once in awhile and it's even better when its going to such a brave young girl who needs all the love and support she can get.


A Little Note






Supplies:


Before I get into the info about the card, I just want to mention that I am pretty certain my card making style has completely changed. That or I am going through a CAS phase. 
I have always loved clean and simple cards, but had difficulty leaving the cards alone when they should have been done. They just looked too plain. ;)
But this past weekend I created over seven cards and every. single. one of them had a white card base and minimal design elements. And I LOVE them all!!!
Who knew?!?!
 
Anyways... some details about the card:
 
- I used the Shape N' Tape from Lifestyle Crafts for the striped strip down the side and the pattern behind the diecut heart. First time using this stuff and I am in love!! I now need it in every colour. ;)

- I cut the sentiment out of a Hero Arts label set. Love the font and really wanted to use a sentiment that had the word 'note' in it to go with the MFT musical note die.

- I didn't have the sentiment that I wanted for the inside in a stamp form, so I just printed it out on my computer using the 'Courier' font to match the front of the card. I wanted to kind of play on the whole music note theme by using the 'You Rock' sentiment.

- Once I had the pink music note and the pink strip of paper adhered down the side, I covered them both with glitter using my clear Wink of Stella Glitter brush pen. Love this for a nice shimmery glitter look without the mess.

- I finished the card off by rounding the corners on the right side of the card


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Remember to stop by the Simon Says Blog for details on how you can bring a smile to Maddy!
 
Steph ;-)



SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

1 comment:

  1. I love the strip down the side and the matching heart. I, too, seem to be embracing more CAS these days.

    PS: I may or may not have that Shape N' Tape stuff in every color. *ahem*

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS