This Stinks.

Hey everyone!!

I finally got a chance to play with the new Simon Says Stamp summer release and I couldn't wait to use the 'Stinkin' Cute' stamp set!! I love these fun cute designs that Kristina comes up with... so fun to colour and create with!
And the sentiments with this set are so so great!! ;) ;)

This Stinks.






Supplies:





A little about the card:

- Okay, right out of the gate, let's talk about the black enamel accents that I used for Mr. Skunk's eyes. I'm kind of embarrassed to admit that this guy is actually my fourth attempt! Four times I coloured that skunk and then kept messing up his eyes! ugh!!
I finally got these ones that you see on this guy and while I'm not 100% happy with them (I have a perfection issue lol!!) after that many tries I was calling it good.
My advice when it comes to enamel accents? Practice!! Oh and a whole lot of patience ;)

- I used glossy accents on his nose to make it shiny. That only took one try. ;)

- I used four different shades of grey Copic markers for his colouring (see supplies) and even though skunks are technically black, I didn't want him to disappear behind the marker. And I actually like how the grey colouring turned out.

- I ran a strip of washi tape along the bottom of the card for interest. (sorry, can't remember who makes it) but I didn't want the transparent look that washi tape has. So I adhered it to white cardstock first, cut it out and then put it on the card with adhesive.

- I scored a half inch in on each of the edges of the white cardstock

- I stamped the sentiment on a Simon Says Stamp talk bubble diecut and then added it to the card with foam adhesive.

And that's my card! ;-)

Thanks for stopping by -
Be back soon!

Steph ;-)

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable, and I love the die cut bubble and washi tape additions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought I'd say this, but cute skunk! That just feels weird, haha! Enamel accents and I have a hate-hate relationship :/

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS