Happy National Scrapbook Day!!

Hello and Happy National Scrapbook Day!!!

I hope everyone is enjoying their day and that you are able to find a little time to get crafty if that's your thing! ;-)
We have beautiful sunny weather here in Canada and I am taking advantage of it and working outside around the yard and just enjoying the sun!

But I did create a little something to share today in honour of this craft holiday and you might be shocked to know that it's actually a layout!! Gasp!! ;-)

I admit, it has been awhile since I have shared a scrapbook layout here on the blog. But I was inspired by some grad photos of my daughter that have been sitting for a few months ready to be scrapbooked. I pulled them out the other day and immediately knew I wanted to use some elements from the Simon Says Stamp May card kit.

My layouts usually have quite a bit of journaling, but for this page I wanted the photos to take center stage and just use the title to show that it was her graduation. I am obsessed with the flower and leaf stamps in the stamp set that comes in the kit called 'Best Mom Ever' and decided to use them on the layout as one of the main elements.

2012 Graduate




A couple of close-up photos:





Supplies:






A little bit about the layout:

- I stamped and cut out all of the roses on the patterned papers that came in the May SSS card kit and then layered the larger one with foam adhesive. I stamped and cut out leaves and then tucked them under the flowers.

- To add a little bit of colour and glitter to the flowers, I traced over all of the black stamped lines with a Copic marker and then traced over them again with a ZIG Wink of Stella glitter brush pen.

- The title was cut out on my Silhouette Cameo using a digital design from the silhouette store and papers from My Mind's Eye.

- I added a strip of the lace ribbon that came in the May SSS card kit under the photos to add a soft feminine look that I think compliments the roses well without over-powering them.


Thanks so much for stopping by today!!
I hope you are getting some sunshine where you are!! ;-)

Steph

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

1 comment:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS