You Make Me Smile

Hello!!

Is it freezing cold and snowy where you are?!? We've had some record cold temperatures here and it is currently snowing and blowing outside. I can barely see past the middle of the backyard! 
Definitely a crazy winter so far, so stay warm wherever you are! ;)

Today I have a card to share that features both newer and older products from Simon Says Stamp.
I thought it would be fun to pair up the new Falling Stars stencil with the Flat Bottom Cloud dies that were released a while back.

I love these cloud dies because the flat edge on one side gives them a fun unique look and allows you to use them in unexpected ways. I decided to turn them upside down on my card, so I could stamp the sentiments directly on them and have the wood veneer birds sit on top of them. 

You Make Me Smile






Supplies:




To make the stars sparkle, I used translucent embossing paste through the Falling Stars stencil and then once I removed the stencil, I added Hero Arts Prisma Glitter to the stars while they were still wet. Once the stars dried, the glitter was set into the paste.

And to make the wood veneer birds sparkly, I coloured over them with a clear Wink of Stella glitter pen once I had coloured them with the pink Copic markers.

You can watch the video below to see how I created the card:


Thanks so much for stopping by today -
Be back soon!!

Steph ;)

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

1 comment:

  1. I just LOVE this adorable card, Steph! Your sky design is fabulous with the sparkly, dimensional stars and those darling birds!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS