Oh Happy Day Card & Ink Swatch Organization

Hello!

Today I have a card to share, as well as a video that shares how I am storing my ink (and other mediums) swatches.

The card I'm sharing today was created with a couple of Memory Box butterfly dies that are perfectly sized to go together. The top one has a bunch of holes in it and the other one is solid so it can be used in the background.

I diecut the butterfly with the holes out of black Simon Says Stamp cardstock and then cut the solid one out of both white and black cardstock. I used the white piece to paint through the holes with various colours of Twinkling H2O's and then layered all of the butterflies together so you could see all of the fun colours showing through.

Oh Happy Day





Supplies:



Ink Swatch Organization

I also have a video to share that shows how I am storing my ink swatch downloads. I take absolutely no credit for the awesome 2x2 swatch cards that I use... those were created by Jennifer McGuire and I just adapted how I store them a bit, for what works for me.

You can go to Jennifer's blog here to get these awesome downloads and see a video on how she uses and stores her swatches. A huge thanks to her for providing these on her blog! ;)


I use a 6x8 Simple Stories binder to store my swatches. You can get 2x2 Insta Pocket pages that fit in these binders that hold the swatch downloads perfectly. And since I created swatches for more than ink, I added dividers that I made on my Silhouette to separate the different mediums.

I currently have a section in my binder for inks, embossing powders, paints, mists, markers and techniques (3x4 pocket pages that hold cards showing various techniques that I can refer back to) and this will more than likely be it. Although I have to say that once you start making swatches, it becomes addictive lol!! ;)

You can watch the video below to see in more detail how this binder works for me and what I have swatches of:




If you have any questions at all about any of the products I use, please leave a comment and I'll answer it as soon as I can! ;)

Swatch binder supplies and some of the supplies I talk about in the video:



Thanks for stopping by today -
Be back soon!

Steph ;)

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

3 comments:

  1. Love your set-up. Mine is similar except in Jennifer's size. The only category I din't think to do was the techniques category. I think I'll be adding that one! I'm hoping it will help me remember the different techniques I've learned. Thanks for the idea! I also look forward to trying the vintage peacock embossing powder!! Looks fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That card looks even sweeter IRL :) :) :) I have your video playing while I'm coloring - it's just like I'm crafting across the table from ya again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your card! Thank you for sharing your organizational tips. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS