Thanks So Much Card (Partial Diecutting)

Hello!

Today I have a card to share that features a great new Memory Box die called Peaceful Butterfly Wings. I love it because rather than completely cutting out all of the butterflies, it only cuts out the wings! This allows you to lift up all of the wings and make it look like the butterflies are flying off of the card! LOVE it! ;)

Thanks Ever So Much


To add colour to the butterflies, I just slipped a piece of typing paper under wing and coloured them with Copic markers. It was a little time consuming, but sometimes it's totally worth it to work on a card for a little longer that you usually would. ;)


I decided to go with sparkle in the areas behind the butterflies that you can see, so I adhered the finished cardstock piece onto a piece of silver glitter paper from the DCWV Glitzy Glitter 6x6 paper pad. It adds the perfect amount of glitter to really make the butterflies pop off of the card. ;)


I also added some glitter to the actual butterflies using my clear Wink of Stella marker. And to help the wings stay up on the biggest butterflies, I added some clear foam adhesive under their wings. To complete the card, I stamped on the sentiment and adhered the completed piece (with some of the silver glitter paper peeking out on the left side) onto a black notecard made with Simon Says Stamp cardstock.

Supplies:



I also have a winner to announce for the May Simon Says Stamp card kit!
Huge congrats to SheriE! Please send me your contact info and I'll get your kit shipped out!

Thanks for stopping by today -
Be back soon!

Steph ;)

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card, love the bit of glitter peeking through. Love the bits of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those gorgeous butterflies sure resulted in a beautiful card! Love it, Steph!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!! How BEAUTIFUL!! =) I LOVE the Colors you used and it makes me want to get this die ou and create with it!! I just got this Die and I can't wait to play with it!! THANKS SO MUCH for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Love that only the wings cut and you colored them beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooooooo BEAUTIFUL, Stephanie!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I love your card. The die you used is amazing and I love your coloring!! Tfs Patricia B

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS