Thanks | Extending Stamp Images

Hello and Happy Monday!!

Yesterday was a dark, rainy day that allowed for lot's of crafty time. As much as I love the warmer, sunny weather, I still enjoy rainy days so I can get crafty without wishing I was outside in the sun!  So I'll have a few cards to share this week that I made yesterday. ;)

But before I get to those, I have a card to share that I created a bit ago with the Hero Arts Spring Gems stamp. I love the fun whimsical look of this stamp and wanted to use it with fun bright colours.

When I stamped it though, I thought it would look better if the stems on the flowers were longer for the card design I was going for. So I masked off the bottom area of the card and stamped the bottom portion of the stamp again. 

The trick to doing this so it looks like it lines up correctly, is to flip the stamp around and stamp the bottom part upside down. So the bottom of the stems will be against the bottom of the stems. This keeps it the same width across and makes it look like it's a full stamp.

Rather than just stamping the image with black ink, I stamped it with Versafine Onyx Black ink and then added clear embossing powder over top. This made it super easy to colour in with watercolour crayons. I love the bright, rich colour you can get from the crayons. So awesome!

To complete the card, I added some wood veener birds and a sentiment banner stamped with the new Friendship Messages stamp set from Simon Says Stamp. ;)

Supplies:


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

1 comment:

  1. This is a very pretty card and love the little stamping trick.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS