Sunshine Card | Layering Diecuts

Happy Canada Day!!

So happy to be back on my blog today with a new card to share featuring a fun way to add shadow to diecut designs. I love doing this with word dies because there are so many loops and areas for the shadow to peek through! ;)


To create the shadow effect, like I did on the diecut word sunshine, you just need to choose a top colour of cardstock (the actual colour you want your finished diecut to be) and a shadow colour. I chose Slate Gray as my shadow and Sea Glass for my main colour, to match the card base.

I diecut the word out of Sea Glass once and out of Slate Gray three times. Once I had them all cut out, I adhered the words directly on top on one another (Sea Glass on top) to create a thick diecut. When you adhere it down on your card, you can see the darker colour underneath, making it look like there is a shadow. I love the dimension and detail this adds to a simple diecut word! ;)


To create the rest of the card, I stamped the Radiant Banner background stamp from Hero Arts onto a piece of Neenah Solar White cardstock with Lemon Yellow ink and then diecut it with the Pierced Rectangle Stax Dies from My Favorite Things.

I added a diecut circle for the sun and then 'sandwiched' the stamped piece between a slightly larger white cardstock piece and a vellum piece diecut to the same size as the background piece.


I cut out another piece of vellum with one of the smaller rectangle dies, cut apart the stamp from the Bring The Sunshine stamp set so that I only had the bottom part of the sentiment and stamped it on the vellum piece. I heat embossed it with white embossing powder from Hero Arts and added the Sunshine word diecut directly on top.

I adhered the vellum piece and then to complete the card I added some diecut hearts and stars (with Wink of Stella clear glitter and Glossy Accents on top), added some gems and added some sparkle to the sun with my clear Wink of Stella glitter pen.

I also stamped the Sea Glass card base with the French Text stamp from Impression Obsession just so it didn't look so plain behind the layered stamped piece. ;)

Winner
The winner of the Simon Says Stamp July card kit is Marnie!
Huge congrats Marnie! I've emailed you!

Supplies


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors and a gorgeous card, Steph!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used vellum in this happy card design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Congratulations Marnie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea!! Love the card and the word die is beautiful that way!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS