Hello | Simple Copic Colouring

Hello! Today I have a card and video to share that was inspired by day one of the Copic Markers for Cardmakers class that started this week at Online Card Classes! If you love to colour and you like Copic markers, I definitely recommend this class... lot's of great tips and tricks already! ;)

At the start of class, we received practice images to use when trying out the different techniques. One of the images from day one was balloons and after I practiced on them, I decided to use a stamped image of balloons from Mama Elephant to make an actual card. My card uses Copic markers and simple 3 colour blending. So easy with great results! ;)

Once I coloured and cut out the balloons from the Up and Away stamp set and the boy from the In My Heart stamp set, I created a scene on my card for them to go on. I love how perfectly the boy looks with the balloons! It kind of looks like they are picking him right up off the ground! ;)

To create the fun scene behind him, I used the Mama Elephant Landscape Trio dies, as well as the Paper Smooches Backdrop Builders dies with Avery Elle patterned paper and Simon Says Stamp Smoke and Fog cardstock. I love any products that will help me build a scene on my cards, and both of these die sets are two of my favourites!!

I also added some tiny clouds from the Crusader Kids stamp and die set (an exclusive set from Simon Says Stamp and Mama Elephant for STAMPtember®). The sentiment is from the My Favorite Things Smart Phone die set. It's the perfect size for the little grass area on the card front.

To see how I created the card, you can watch the video below:



Supplies


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

5 comments:

  1. Love your adorable scene Stephanie! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love this card! The striped hills add a fun touch and the die cut buildings look awesome. Such a cute little scene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie, each element in your card came from different sets. I like to do that too. I enjoyed watching your Copic coloring. I am taking that online class too so I enjoy seeing someone else use their skills. I love the card you made and the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely adorable card! I love the little guy with the balloons .. they really do look like they're going to lift him off the ground! Super cute! And I'm loving that OCC class!!!! It's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS