MFT January Release Countdown | Day 2

Hello and welcome to day 2 of the My Favorite Things January release! Today's post features a fun new sentiment stamp set and a card that any gamer will love! ;)

My first card uses the new I Love You More stamps set, which features some really great sentiments that are playful and fun! I paired one of the sentiments from the set with the Sun, Moon and Stars Die-namics.

The sentiment that I used actually has a little sun and cloud with it, but I didn't want to use that part on this card, so I cut them apart from the stamp before I used it. I can still stamp with it together anytime I want, but I like that I can now use it either way.

I used the diecut inlay technique to cut out the sun and little dots and replace them with glitter paper. I also cut a heart out of the center of the sun using the new Tag Builders 3 Blueprints, and added a heart cut from Blu Raspberry cardstock. I covered it with a glitter marker and then with Glossy Accents.

To complete the sentiment, I stamped the I Love You from the new Heart Banner stamp set using Blu Raspberry dye ink. I also some clear sequins around the card for some added detail dimension. I also stamped the card base with the Typewriter Text background stamp with Grout Gray dye ink.

My second card for today uses the new Level Up stamp set and Game Controller Die-namics. Such a fun set for anyone who has video game lovers in their lives. My son thought the game controller was pretty cool, but he did say I put the coloured buttons in the wrong spot lol!! ;)

I decided to keep this card pretty simple and leave the game controller and the sentiment the focus of the card. I created the controller using various colours of cardstock and then added a black string to look like the cord. I then added the controller to the card front with foam adhesive for some dimension.

I stamped the sentiment directly under the controller and then added a thin strip of red cardstock underneath to pull some more red into the card. I matted the white piece onto blue and grey cardstock and then adhered it to a white card base. For a little added detail, I stamped the card base with the Typewriter Text background stamp with Grout Gray dye ink.

Thanks so much for stopping by for day 2 of the MFT January Release countdown! The new release products will officially be available on the My Favorite Things website tomorrow at 10pm EST! Yay!

Make sure to head over to the MFT blog for today's full product reveal, giveaways and links to lot's of amazing projects from the other MFT creative team designers! ;)

See you tomorrow for more countdown fun! ;)

Winner
I also have a winner to announce of the January Simon Says Stamp card kit from this post here. Huge congrats to Kailash!! Please email me your contact info! ;)

Supplies


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

10 comments:

  1. I love both of these!! Awesome cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! This release is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your cards a lot. I could make a GAMER card for both my husband and girls:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent cards and a great release.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun happy cards.Nothing better to brighten a day.Great job

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Cards! Love the sparkle of sequin and your gamer card with sentiment is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What AWESOME cards! Love these new (and older) MFT products.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards. Love the colors you chose and how you paired the sentiment with the sun die.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Hello Sunshine card....such a happy card!! The CAS style using the game controller is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS