MFT May Creative Challenge | Backgrounds

Hello and welcome to the May Creative Challenge with My Favorite Things! This month it's all about backgrounds and making them the focal point in card designs. Usually the background gets lost behind all the fun details we add on top, so we're making the backgrounds the focus this time! ;)

For my card I used the MFT Spotlight Sentiments stamp set to create a continuous pattern for my background. I stamped it in black ink and then heat embossed over top with clear embossing powder to make the words stand out.

Once I had the background all stamped and embossed, I used my Spectrum Noir markers and coloured in all of the outline Happy Birthday's with various colours for a fun, rainbow look! ;)

Since the goal is to make the background the focus, I didn't want to add a lot of extra detail, but I also thought it looked a little flat on it's own. To give it a bit of detail and dimension, I added a few clear and aqua sequins. 

Make sure to head over to the MFT blog today for more great projects from the design team for this months challenge. ;)

Supplies


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

2 comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS