Birthday Wishes | Painting with Gesso

Hello! Today I have another card to share that uses the September Simon Says Stamp card kit. I love the unexpected things that get added into these kits... they really inspire me to get creative and try new things. 

This months kit came with white gesso, a palette knife and a stencil. These products would all work great together, but I decided to just use the gesso as a paint to colour in my stamped balloon images.

I first stamped the sentiments and all of the balloons with Versafine Onyx Black ink and then I heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. This helps to ensure that painting with the gesso doesn't smear the ink.

Once all the stamping was done, I mixed gesso with some water and three different Simon Says Stamp ink colours (Scuba, Audrey Blue and Coral Reef) and then I painted inside each of the balloons. I didn't want them to be perfect... I was going for a more relaxed whimsical look.

Once all the gesso was dry I added strings to all of the balloons with a grey copic marker and then I stamped the little bows at the bottom and some random hearts and stars.

I completed the card by adding clear sequins (and silver stickles) all over the card front. ;)

You can see how I created this card in the video below:



Supplies


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS