Hello, Hugs & Thanks

Hello! Sorry I've been a little absent from the blog lately... we're currently renovating our kitchen and we have been working non-stop putting up drywall, mudding, painting and this past weekend we finally installed the new cupboards! Yay! 

I've had a lot less time lately to get crafty but I did create a few backgrounds last week and really wanted to turn them into cards... so I did! ;)


These cards all have distress inks on them along with a stenciled design using the Ranger Transparent Matte Texture Paste. This stuff is awesome!!! It goes on like regular texture paste, but when it dries, it's completely matte. Photos just don't show the amazing texture, dimension and feel that this paste creates... I am obsessed with it!

I started off by creating some backgrounds with various colours of distress inks (Abandoned Coral, Twisted Citron, Cracked Pistachio, Mermaid Lagoon and Blueprint Sketch) by using my ink blending tools and blending the colours together. 

Once I was happy with my backgrounds, I layered a stencil over top and added the Ranger Matte Texture paste on all of them. 

The wave stencil was perfect for the blue coloured background and it's probably my favourite out of the three backgrounds. This paste kinda reminds me of the look and feel ofsunda leather... it's just so fun! 

I cut the wave background apart and stamped a sentiment in the opening and then I also adhered the Thanks die directly onto the background. I wanted to keep the cards pretty simple to let the awesome backgrounds stand out.

I repeated the same process for the rest of the cards and I just changed the design and used different die cut sentiments. The green background it super bright and fun... I love the colour with the fun dot pattern on top.

To add a little more detail to the cards, I also added some black diecut hearts around the sentiments and a black strip above the green design to make the colour pop off the white card base.

For the last card, I used the Rhapsody stencil from Memory Box over the Abandoned Coral background and ended up with a gorgeous design that I love. I decided to just use a diecut sentiment with this one and added a few of the diecut hearts.

I love how you can combine and few of the same products and create such different, unique backgrounds. This texture paste is a definite new favourite for me! ;)

Winner
I also have to announce the winner of the September Simon Says Stamp card kit. 
Congrats to Sue Welper! Sue, please email me your contact info and I'll get your kit to you! 

Supplies


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS