MFT February Card Kit | Beautiful Butterflies

Hello! Welcome to day one of the countdown to the newest card kit from My Favorite Things called Beautiful Butterflies! This month's kit is absolutely gorgeous and includes two stamps sets, a die set, black embossing powder, a Versamark ink cube, two sheets of translucent vellum and a beautiful assortment of cardstock.

For my card today I used the detail layer stamp of one of the butterflies (all of the butterflies have multiple stamps that layer together) and embossed 3 black butterflies onto a watercolor panel using the black embossing powder from the kit.
Once I had the butterflies embossed, I did a fun inky technique where I added colour over top by scribbling onto a plastic sheet with Tombow Dual Brush markers and then I added some water with the colour. I then flipped the plastic sheet over onto the embossed panel and pushed the ink onto it with my fingers. I love the random watercolor look you get every time you do this technique! ;)

I decided to leave the front without a sentiment and instead, stamped it on the inside with black ink. I love the artistic watercolor look on the front and didn't want to cover any of it up with a sentiment strip.

You can see how I created this card in this weeks episode of MFTv on the MFT YouTube channel (linked in my blog sidebar).

Make sure to head over to the MFT blog for more projects created by the design team with this months kit. ;)

Supplies


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

16 comments:

  1. Your video was great and loved the watercolor technique that you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card with bright colors. I too enjoyed your video

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful butterflies, love the artsy watercolor look. Thanks for the video tutorial.
    cheers
    preeti

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make watercoloring look easy and elegant all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stephanie, I am definitely going to try this technique. Your card is so pretty and you made it look so easy. Thanks for sharing a great video tutorial on the "how to".

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the technique, and the cards are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the video. Enjoyed seeing how you used the plastic sheet to give color to your background. Your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As I posted on your video, I love the coloring of this card and especially appreciate the technique you shared for background coloring using acetate to line up colors with your stamped images. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Has to be my favorite card! The colors are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your exquisite card. Thanks for video!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeessss! This is Amazing. Love the watercolored background and the black butterflies. It really stands out against the colors

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful inspiration! Love this new release!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS