Essentials by Ellen November Pin-Sights Challenge

Hello and welcome to the November Essentials by Ellen Pin-Sights Challenge! I am excited to be guest designing this month! The Pin-Sights Challenge is an inspiration challenge based on a Pinterest inspired piece to spark your imagination and creativity. You can find the full details each month on the Classroom blog.

A random challenge participant will receive a $50 gift certificate to the Ellen Hutson store for playing along! To be eligible, you must use Essentials by Ellen products and use the photo board below as inspiration. You can enter the challenge by linking up your project on the challenge post here by December 1, 2015.  

http://ellenhutson.typepad.com/the_classroom_new/2015/11/essentials-by-ellen-november-pin-sights-challenge.html

For my card I decided to use some of the colours and textures from the Pinterest board to create a festive and fun holiday card. I love the aquas in the photos and really wanted to add a metallic look to my card to resemble some of the textures in the photos.

http://ellenhutson.typepad.com/the_classroom_new/2015/11/essentials-by-ellen-november-pin-sights-challenge.html

I used the Mondo Poinsettia stamps to create a cluster of flowers on my card front by stamping them with Versamark ink and then heat embossing them with Liquid Platinum embossing powder from Ranger. I then stamped some small bursts and holly leaves with Gold embossing powder.


Once all the embossing was done, I painted inside all of the flower petals with Topaz Izink Pigment ink to create aqua poinsettias. I'm pretty sure there is no such thing, but I think they look kinda pretty lol!


I stamped the sentiment from the Holly Jolly stamp set with Versafine Black Onyz ink and then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I trimmed the stamped panel down and adhered it to a black card base and added a strip of gold glitter paper. 

To complete the card, I covered all of the flower petals with Glossy Accents for some added dimension and shine.

Supplies


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Stephanie. I love the way you created your background and the glossy accents is a perfect finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just amazing, Stephanie! I love the aqua poinsettias! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply stunning - I love the colour of the poinsettias - so different and with the gold embossing, just beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS