STAMPtember® Exclusive with My Favorite Things!

Hello! Today I have a couple of cards to share that I created with the new exclusive STAMPtember® stamp set designed by My Favorite Things for Simon Says Stamp!


I love great sentiment stamp sets (especially thank you themed!) so I was super excited to see this awesome new exclusive set. I love the mix of the painted font paired with the type font.

I decided to create two cards using only the Thanks for Being There stamp set, ink and some hearts and sequins. Sentiments are a great way to add a design to a card to create a graphic, clean and simple look! ;)


I kept both cards fairly simple and used only Sea Glass and Black ink on both of them. I added the type sentiments in different ways but kept the feel of the cards pretty similar. 

For the Thank You card, I stamped the 'I can always count on you' sentiment repeatedly in diagonal lines on the bottom area of the card. I then stamped the larger Thank You in black ink above the repeated stamping and added a black and pink strip of cardstock in between. I love the pop of colour the pink adds to the card.

I stamped the heart from the stamp set underneath the paper strips and added a clear sequin (with silver stickles in the center) to the side of the heart.

For my Thanks card, I created a heart shaped mask and then I repeatedly stamped the 'Your compassion touched my heart' sentiment inside the heart area. Once I had it fully stamped, I used an ink blending tool to pull in the same colour from the outer edges of the heart to the center to really define the heart shape.

Once I had the heart done I removed the mask and stamped the large thanks directly over top. I love how bold it is against the inked heart background.

To add a little more dimension and detail to the card, I diecut some hearts from black cardstock and adhered them to the card. I covered them with a clear wink of stella glitter marker and then with glossy accents.

To complete the card, I added a strip of black and green cardstock to the side of the stamped panel and then adhered it to a white top-folding card base.

I love stretching my sentiments sets to not only be the actual sentiment on the card but to also be a design element. Text looks so clean and graphic on a card, especially with a mix of type and script fonts.

Make sure to check out the Simon Says Stamp blog to find out more about this awesome collaboration and to see more fun ways to use this exclusive stamp set! ;)

Supplies


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

13 comments:

  1. Stephanie, your cards are great. I too, love this new stamp set with the different fonts. Actually, that's what I love about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards and a fabulous stamp set!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these cards are so pretty!! Love your style! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you repeated the phrases as a design feature, thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you used black for the sentiment. Sometimes you really need to grab someones attention! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your designs are great! Love how you used the smaller stamps for your backgrounds for the larger sentiments. Very versatile set. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your designs are great! Love how you used the smaller stamps for your backgrounds for the larger sentiments. Very versatile set. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEAUTIFUL cards Stephanie!!!
    LOVE your ELEGANT designs, LOVE your repeat stamping and colour combo too!!!
    THANK YOU for sharing your INKY INSPIRATION :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards with backgrounds that are simple and beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    Linda D.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are excellent! My favorite is the one with the repeated count on me sentiment. Very cool idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards, I love this BIG Thanks stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how you used the stamps in the backgrounds, Stephanie! So innovative! Thanks, Paulette S.
    craftqueen417 at yahoo
    http://paulettesprettypapercrafts dot wordpress dot com
    since google enjoys keeping an expired profile for a blog that no longer exists merged to my account! Rather than fix it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the soft color in the background, the cleanest of your card and simplicity!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS